Friday, November 13, 2009

Extra Extra - Starry Fork to Begin Poking into New Areas

Friday the 13th of November, perhaps an auspicious day. So I will at some point very soon have a home computer and start updating much more frequently, but it's been pointed out to me that perhaps I don't need a second/alternative blog for my forays into current events, local politics or popular culture.

The Starry Fork can and will poke into whatever subject is the most fascinating at any current time.

And after all, it's only 90 days now until the Blimpy Shames* arrive on Vancouver's un-sunny shores, I don't think there will be any lack of things to talk about.

In today's news, it is unclear whether Militant Penguin was entirely spared by the fire that razed a group of businesses all housed in the same building. RIP Slickety Jim's Chat N' Chew. I liked your raspberry jam and your crazy menu names. My girl Ange would also like to give a shout-out to the equally dearly departed Kishu - while I personally was not a fan, even from Montreal she is missing your cheapass takeout sushi.

*note: Blimpy Shames is my euphemism for that other thing they will sue you for using the real name of. You know the thing. Big Vancouver party, coming up in February.

1 comment:

  1. I bet you all just can't WAIT until the *lympic *ames wash up on your shores.

    ReplyDelete